Billy Dib suggests champ is scared of him
Dib, who delivered on his pre-fight promise of a knockout in his first defence against Italian Alberto Servidei on Saturday night, says he intends to add John to his list of knockout victims.
Servidei, who had a 31-0-2 professional record, lasted just 2m38s of the fight at the Sydney Olympic Park SportsCentre.
The challenger went down for the count after taking a crushing left to the body.
With Servidei swept aside Dib turned to his No.1 target, John, the WBA featherweight super champion, who has ruled that organisation for more than eight years.
Negotiations with the management of John, who is making a title defence against Ukrainian Stanyslav Merdov in Perth on November 30, started even before Dib's victory on Saturday.
But Dib fears they could stall unless John drops his asking price.
"He is out-pricing himself, he is asking for ridiculous figures," Dib told AAP on Sunday.
"When you are asking for ridiculous figures, that means you are scared, you are worried, you are trying to get a payout."
Dib is due to make a mandatory defence of his title by mid-January.
However, he said he would seek an exemption from the IBF if he secured the unification fight against John.
The Sydney fighter feels a win over John, who boasts a marvellous 45-0-2 record, would enable him to put his stamp on the division.
"I want to unify the division and I want it to be definitive, I dont want to just win," Dib said.
"To win definitive is to knock Chris John out, that would be an amazing achievement.
"I want to do special things in the sport of boxing.
"I'm here for a short time, not a long time, I want to give it the best I can and get out while I'm still on top."
The win over Servidei represented Dib's eighth KO in his last nine wins.
He said attacking Servidei's body early had been part of his game plan.
"Before I left the changing room, (my trainer) Billy (Hussein) said to me don't forget the body," Dib said.
"I put everything I had into that (knockout punch), I just saw the opening and I capitalised on it."
Amateur Heavyweight Star Paulius Kasiulevicius Pro Debut, York Hall 1st June. TKO EVENTS Presents TWO TRIBES GO TO WAR 1st June 2013 @ York Hall, London By Gianluca (Rio) Di Caro ...
Faces Jay Morris At York Hall On June 1st TKO EVENTS Presents TWO TRIBES GO TO WAR Featuring FREDDIE TURNER VS. JAY MORRIS 1st June 2013 @ York Hall, London...
Colin Lynes Ready For Another Title Shot, But First Faces Beka Sutidze At York Hall On 1st June By Gianluca (Rio) Di Caro London – Tuesday, 21st May 2013 Back in May 2012 Colin Lynes lost his Bri...
Tom Little Interview – Discusses Tom Dallas, Luke Martin, Graham Earl and more. By Gianluca (Rio) Di Caro I’m sure that anyone that watched Prizefighter – International Heavyweights - back in June 2012, w...
2013-05-18 Shane Mosley vs Pablo Cesar Cano by sweetboxing11 ...
Devon Alexander tops Lee Purdy in non-title bout By DAVID WEINBERG ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) -- IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander earned a convincing victory over Lee Purdy at Boardwalk Hall on Saturday night in a n...
Outclassed Purdy pulled out after seven rounds of Alexander clash in Atlantic City By Martin Domin Lee Purdy was left in tears after he was pulled out at the end of the seventh round of his fight with world welterweight c...
Euro News By Per-Ake Persson Supermiddle Balasz Kelemen (pictured), 18-0, won the vacant WBO Int´l title last night in Kecskemet, Hungary, with a ten round unanimous decision over Tanzanian Said Mbelwa in the headlin...